Got caught without an umbrella? Our clear set of instructions will provide the basic info on dealing with this or any other situation. Obtain insight into keeping a hat clean of oil and dirt and how to avoid shrinkage and distortion of shape and color.
And, of course, a way to keep your flat-brimmed hat razor-sharp.
Never handle your hat by the pinch or the crown to prevent breakage, and keep your hat clean of oil and dirt.
Avoid leaving your hat in a hot car or any place where the very high temperature will potentially be an issue.
Avoid wearing your hat out in the pouring rain. If your hat ever gets wet, do not force dry it.
Got caught without an umbrella?
If you get caught without an umbrella, always snap your brim up once you get indoors.
Hang your hat so that the crown or the sides of your hat's brim are not touching anything.
Let it dry naturally away from heat. Exposing your hat to heat will reactivate the felting process and may cause shrinkage and deformation.
- Store your hat in the hatbox we provide to better protect it for long periods.
- When it is not on your head, always place your brimmed fedora hat upside down.
- Do not leave your hat exposed to heat and humidity to avoid shrinkage and distortion of shape and color.
- Brush off lint or dirt regularly with a soft bristle brush.
- Then using a clean, damp cloth, rub gently counter-clockwise towards the back.
-Brush the underside of the brim clockwise.
Fixing a bent brim
1. Rest your hat on a flat surface.
2. Place a slightly moisturized cloth on your hat's brim.
3. Set your iron to high heat, and run it across.
4. Repeat until the brim is entirely flat.
5. Allow it to dry and stiffen well.
You may occasionally use this process to freshen up your hat. Make sure you always use a piece of cloth between the felt and your steam iron plate.